Summary of Minutes of NCR-SCCA Monthly Board of Directors Minutes
August 20, 2014
Present: Buddy Matthews, John Lindquist, Steve Keadle, Steve Rose, James Shanks, Sam Fouse, Rex Deffenbaugh, Mark Senior, Bruce Dover, and via conference call, Heather Powers.
- The NCR BoD meeting was called to order by Rex Deffenbaugh, RE, at 7:30 pm, on Wednesday, August 20th, 2014 at Piper’s Deli, 3219 Old Chapel Hill Rd, Durham, NC 27707.
- The RE introduced guests in attendance, Mark Senior, and Bruce Dover.
- Motion (Shanks/Lindquist) to approve the minutes of July 16th, 2014. Passed.
Financial Report: Treasurer Steve Keadle reported that we currently have approximately $82,500 in the bank, and a net income of $23,100 YTD.
- Cape Fear: No report.
- Triangle: James Shanks reported that 21 members attended the last meeting. Several top ranking ITS drivers were in attendance as well as Doug Piner who clinched the Eastern conference championship in P2.
- West: Buddy Matthews reported that 15 members attended the last meeting. There were discussions on the last BoD meeting, as well as the discount structure for the upcoming Goblins Go race.
- Membership: James Shanks reported that we are currently down to 757 members. It was reported that numbers typically get lower this time of year, but generally go up by 25 or so as our last races of the year approach.
- Comp. Board: no report
- Solo: no report
- PDX/TT: Mark Senior updated the BoD that our upcoming joint event with THSCC is looking good with respect to the driver’s school entries and the Rally-X. It was reported that the entries for the auto-x were not good at this point. It was discussed that the Region might take a $600 loss by running this event. It was decided by the BoD that this was not a significant loss, and the auto-x portion of this event shall not be cancelled.
- Publicity: It was reported that the Goblins Go and 13 hour have not been discussed yet.
- Charity: no report
- Banquet: no report
- Awards: Awards committee has not met this year. It was noted that the members at large and the chapter coordinators will need to elect a chairman.
- Picnic: It was noted that the Region’s picnic was a huge success. There was poor weather to deal with, and still the membership showed up. It was reported that Tommy Jackson had brought several antique engines to show. The picnic cost was $315.49.
- Entry fee ECR: ECR has dropped the prize fund that will bring our cost down to $5.00 per entry. This past year the cost was $40.00. There will be no payouts to drivers running ECR’s in 2015. Our Goblins Go weekend (in 2014) is a 2015 event. The BoD agreed to lower the entry fee to $260.00.
- Leatt MRX H&N device: Steve Keadle brought to the BOD attention an SCCA memo that indicates the use of a Leatt MRX head and neck restraint device is not allowed. The memo indicates the device is defective and is not safe for use. The memo has been retained for our records. Members may return these defective devices for a refund, but they will not be able to use them in SCCA competition events.
- SRF anniversary: Rex Deffenbaugh reported that Butch Kummer has asked our Region if we would like to do something special for SRF next year at our Goblins Go event, as it will be SRF’s 30th anniversary. The BoD agreed that we would like to do something for them.
Motion to adjourn at 8:14 pm (Keadle/Lindquist) passed.
- BoD Minutes
- Cape Fear Chapter Report
- Triangle Chapter Report
- West Chapter Report