Summary of Minutes of NCR-SCCA Monthly Board of Directors Minutes
Present: Steve Keadle, James Shanks, John Lindquist, Annie Lindquist, Buddy Matthews, Steve Rose, Mark Senior, Rex Deffenbaugh, Blair Stitt, Ginny Condrey, Bruce Dover, Sam Fouse, and via conference call, Heather Powers.
- The NCR BoD meeting was called to order by Rex Deffenbaugh, RE, at 7:38 pm, on Wednesday, July 16th, 2014 at Pipers Deli, 3219 Old Chapel Hill Rd, Durham, NC 27707
- The RE introduced guests in attendance, Annie Lindquist, Mark Senior, Bruce Dover and Ginny Condrey.
- Motion (Shanks/Lindquist) to approve the minutes of June 18th, 2014. (passed)
Financial Report: Treasurer, Steve Keadle reported to the BoD that we currently have approximately $81,000 in the bank. It was reported we have a net income of $27,000 for the year. It was also reported that we are under budget for the year on worker gifts and food expenses.
- Cape Fear: No report.
- Triangle: James Shanks reported that around 12 members attended the last Chapter meeting. In attendance was a friend of Mike Spencer’s who might join us at future events.
- West: Buddy Matthews reported that 9 members attended the last Chapter meeting. Discussed were the minutes from the last BoD meeting, along with upcoming events and new car classes.
- Membership: James Shanks reported that we currently have 796 members in the Region. This number puts us at the very top of a “Large” Region. At 800 members we become a “Jumbo” Region.
- Competition Board: No report.
- Solo: No report.
- PDX/TT: Mark Senior reported that our joint event planning with THSCC is moving right along. This joint event will host a multitude of auto sports including the following: driver’s school, go-cart enduro, rally cross, and solo. THSCC will need experienced instructors from SCCA for the event to be a success. The overall idea of this event will be to try and get folks to try many different types of racing that will be offered. Mark reported that THSCC will be running the majority of the event, along with providing their insurance. NCR-SCCA will be hosting the solo portion of the event under our insurance.
- Publicity: Bruce Dover reported that an e-mail blast will be going out soon advertising the Region’s annual picnic.
- Charities: No report
- Banquet: No report
- Awards: No report
- Entry Fees: John Lindquist reported that the committee whose job it was to recommend entry fees to the BoD based on data from past events, has come up with suggestions for future races. The suggestions were as follows: 13 hr from $825 to be raised to $875. On a double SARRC weekend, the first SARRC would be raised from $195 to $200, and the second SARRC race would cost $100 more. This would be $300 for a double SARRC race weekend. On a double ECR weekend, the first ECR race would be raised from $295 to $300 and the second ECR would cost $200 more. For a double TCPS weekend, the entry on the first race would be $250 and the second race would be $150 more. After discussion amongst the BoD, including how many double SARRC weekends we would be allowed, Blair Stitt explained that for this calendar year, our Region was granted an exemption for having a second double weekend since we had lost our March date this year. Blair made a simple discount solution to our race weekends to not just try and get drivers to run doubles, but to try and get them to run a third or fourth race while they are there. Heather Powers commented that very few drivers actually run all four races. The discount structure Blair suggested is $50 off the second race entered, $100 off the third race entered, and $150 off the fourth race entered. This total discount would be $300 off our regular entry fees. (Motion Stitt/Rose) to adopt this discount structure of 50,100,150 (discount on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th races) (passed). (Motion Lindquist/Keadle) to raise the entry fee of the 13 hour race by $50 to $875. (passed)
- Dates: Rex Deffenbaugh reported that VIR wants to move 3 of our 5 dates next year. The March race would be moved to the 7th and 8th, while our October dates would be moved back a week. In October, VIR doing this actually fixed a glitch where we were overlapped with the Atlanta Region’s ARRC.
Motion to adjourn at 8:47 pm (passed)