Bod Minutes – December 16, 2015
Minutes of NCR-SCCA Monthly Board of Directors Minutes
December 16, 2015
Present: Blair Stitt, Steve Rose, Mark Senior, Rex Deffenbaugh, James Shanks, Buddy Matthews, Bruce Dover, Sam Fouse, Steve Keadle
- The NCR BoD meeting was called to order by Rex Deffenbaugh, RE, at 7:32 pm, on Wednesday, December16th 2015, at Pipers Deli, 3219 Old Chapel Hill Rd, Durham, NC, 27707.
- No guests in attendance
- Motion (Stitt/Shanks) to amend and approve the minutes of October 2015. Passed. Amendment to show recipients of Solo National championships, Christina Peterson and Brittney Edwards in their respective classes.
Financial Report: Treasurer Steve Keadle reported that the Region currently has $80,363.92 cash in the bank. Steve presented a balance sheet for the year showing a negative net income for the year of <27,081.13>. It was noted that the Region still has a few outstanding invoices such as SARRC, and he has some concerns about the discounts on multiple race entries which the Region is giving. A profit and loss statement was also presented and retained for the record through December15th, 2015.
- Cape Fear: No report
- Triangle: James Shanks reported that 22 members attended the last Chapter meeting. Since James has been elected as the Region’s new Secretary, the Chapter elected Mark Senior to the BoD position of Chapter Coordinator.
- West: Buddy Matthews reported that 7 members attended the last Chapter meeting. Discussed at the meeting was the West Chapter’s desire to see the Region cancel the 13 hour event.
- Membership: James Shanks reported that we currently have 755 members in the NCR.
- Competition Board: No report
- Solo: No report
- PDX/TT: No report
- Publicity: Bruce Dover reported that an e-mail will be sent out about the solo champions, and one will be sent out on the banquet. He is checking on possible donations for door prizes.
- Charities: No report.
- Banquet: The banquet will be in Wilmington on January 9th 2016. James Shanks stated that the Region pays slightly over 50 percent of the costs associated with the banquet.
- Awards: James Shanks reported that the awards committee has made its selections for awards which will be presented at the banquet in January. The awards committee is working with Eric Danielson to stay within the budget for awards.
- Enduro Update: Sam Fouse reported that he has been in contact with other series and Regions in hopes of making the NCR 13 hour event part of a race series rather than a stand alone event. This series would be under the South Jersey rule set. This rule set runs 5 classes of cars which incorporate several other racing series such as SCCA, NASA, and others. It was noted that the DC Region would be on board in joining this effort if NCR would do so. The BoD does however have serious concerns as to what the Region is paying VIR for this particular weekend. It was mentioned that the Region would need a concession from VIR and possible sponsorship in order to make this event a profitable one rather than the loss it has shown to be for the last several years. It was noted that the Region spent too much on catering this year. Sam suggests extreme negotiations with VIR as they have made mention that they really look forward to us hosting this event and would hate to see it go away. Sam suggests that the Region give consideration of trying the series for at least two years. Motion (Fouse/Shanks) For the NCR to continue the 13 hour event for two years on the following conditions: fair negotiations with VIR, event becomes part of a series, sponsorship, cut spending, raise fees slightly, and re-evaluate after one year. Passed
- Past Due Catering Bill: Bruce made mention of a past due bill. This issue has been cleared and is no longer due.
- Track Liaison Committee: Steve Keadle reported that other Region members have expressed an interest in forming a committee whose job would be to help in negotiations with VIR. The BoD would like to continue using Mark Senior as the sole liaison to VIR but welcomes any and all members who have concerns to attend a board meeting to discuss any issues and welcomes any input our Region members have.
- VIR Contract: Mark Senior reported that our contract with VIR is here and needs to be signed and sent in. The BoD has previously discussed our need to negotiate with the track, in particular, the 13 hour weekend in October. The BoD will wait on signing the contract until said negations can be made.
- Race Discounts: Steve Keadle made mention of the fact that the Region lost $9700 from giving multiple race discounts. Blair Stitt mentioned that it is impossible to look at it as a loss because it may be entries you won’t even get if the discount structure isn’t there. Rex is asking Sam Fouse to look at different discount structures to help the Region in losing as little income as possible.
- SCCA National and SEDIV conventions: Bruce Dover asked the BoD who will be attending which conventions and what expenses will be covered. For the SEDIV convention, half a room and registration expenses will be covered. Attending will be, Sam Fouse, Buddy Matthews, Blair Stitt, Rex Deffenbaugh, Mike Spencer. For the National convention, air fare and room will be paid for the RE and assistant RE and the rest of the allotted budget will be split amongst the remaining BoD members wishing to attend. Both Sam Fouse and Mike Spencer will be attending, and the remaining funds will be split between Rex Deffenbaugh, and Mark Senior.
Motion to adjourn at 8:54 pm (Keadle/Stitt) Passed