http://ncrscca.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/ncrscca-web-header-logo400x100.png 0 0 ncrscca http://ncrscca.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/ncrscca-web-header-logo400x100.png ncrscca2011-10-03 14:19:262017-02-08 15:59:13Solo rule changes for 2012
TOPEKA, KS (SCCA) — A number of changes will take place for next year. Here are some of highlights:
- Street Touring ECU rules updated; piggyback controllers allowed as long as they use the factory sensors and wiring.
- More lenient catalytic converter rules from STX/STU apply to all of Street Touring.
- STX/STU big brake allowance applies to all of street touring.
- Street Touring will now be classified on performance potential – no more class hopping.
- Street Touring FWD added for modern B and C class econoboxes which are burdened by modern safety requirements – expect to see Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris, Mazda2, and Ford Fiesta in their own class.
- ASP becomes Super Street Prepared
- Turbocharged, AWD cars become ASP and can run big boost
- BSP retains NA 2WD cars like the M3, S2000, C4 Corvette and Boxster/944 S2
- 2008-2009 Dodge Viper and 2012 911 GT3 are now eligible for Super Stock
- Stock cars may now modify EITHER front OR rear swaybar, not just front sway bar – but only ONE
- Divisionals are going away, replaced by National Tours; regions are encouraged to come up with their own local-flavor divisional championships.
- In order to receive a trophy at Nationals, there must be a minimum of 3 competitors in the class
For more information visit SCCA Fasttrack News – December 2011