Volunteer Incentive Programs
Getting involved as a volunteer or official is as easy as going to a local event and volunteering to help. Volunteers are issued a license just like the competition drivers, and can work their way up through the four levels of licenses by participating at different events and gaining the knowledge and experience necessary to hold a national specialty license. SCCA licensed officials help staff most of the motorsport events held in the United States in one capacity or another.
NCR Volunteer Incentive Program
Goal of the Program
Initiate a system and process which will attract, retain and reward qualified officials, members and drivers who on a voluntary basis support the staffing requirements of the NCR region of SCCA. The events these volunteers support will be both SCCA sanctioned and contracted non-SCCA sanctioned events the region is responsible to staff. Any other activities involving NCR region volunteers or officials which are performed by the individual remain the sole responsibility of that individual and are not eligible for this program.
- Must be a current SCCA member – all Regions are eligible to accrue credits
- Days credited must be those for which the North Carolina Region is responsible to staff
- Each day worked equals 35 credits – allotted on day worked, managed by recipient – retro-active does not apply except for the guests who work events and later, in same season, become an active SCCA member.
- Double events worked do not count double credit
- Credits accumulated must be redeemed annually by 11/30/20xx of any given season or be forfeited. Receipts NCR-VIP form must be mailed to NCR-SCCA, 1102 Gardner Road, Roxboro, North Carolina 27574.
- Credits redeemable per choice of member. Examples could be:
- Membership fee
- Driver entry
- Choices from SCCA merchandise catalog
SCCA Volunteer Incentive Program
The SCCA national office has a program that offers discounts on your national dues based on your participation as a volunteer at SCCA events. To record your participation you may follow these steps:
- Go to http://ams.scca.com and login or create an account. Every member should do this anyway, but especially volunteers and region officials.
- After logging-in please click the “My Membership” tab on the left.
- At the top of the new panel click on “Volunteer Participation” link located above the blue “SCCA Membership” title bar. A separate new window will popup on which you can add a new event.
- After you put in the date of the first day of that event, press “Enter” and wait for the page to refresh so that the drop-down for the location is active. Add the number of days you worked and click “Save”
- Add an entry for each SCCA Club Racing event you worked by repeating steps 3 and 4.
This is an official record and will be used to calculate your National Dues for 2009. Effective January 1, 2008, the Club Racing Volunteer Incentive program offers this graduated dues discount structure for membership renewal:
# of Participation Days Dues Discount (SCCA Club Racing Sanctioned Events Only)
- 4 days – $15.00 discount
- 6 days – $22.00 discount
- 8 days – $30.00 discount
- 12 or more days – $30.00 discount, plus recognition in SportsCar and a special ID card
You are credited per the schedule above by recording event participation in your on-line membership records. Volunteers not wishing to record their participation on-line may complete and return a participation form which is included with membership renewals. Credits are transferable to a Spouse or Family member.
NC Region Membership Chair